Friday, February 8, 2008

Brief Intro

Welcome all!

Jake (Snake) and I (Coach B) look to maintain this blog to help update everyone on our progress. A blog is definitely an excellent way to communicate our results and approach to others; however, I was so quickly overwhelmed with cold calls, program planning and research, and the scope of our project was so rapidly changing that I found it difficult to capture any concrete thoughts. Not too mention, my old T40 (~5 yrs. old) was starting to give me grief with HD and motherboard failures that made any remote communication much harder. It's times like these when I realize how I've taken technology and the internet as a whole for granted. Even more of a reason why I believe in the mission of OLPC.

To supplement this blog, I've also created a Facebook group to gather more interest in our project and facilitate some discussion about our objectives amongst peers.
http://cmu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6383934385

We also encourage the use of LoudAppeal to continue discussion of all grassroot efforts outside of the Wiki medium. So get ready for one long post-update of the developments since July of 2007.

No comments: